You can easily request to cancel your pending or confirmed appointments via your Patient Fusion account.
Note: You must have a Patient Fusion account to request to cancel appointments with your doctor. For more information on how to create an account, see How do I sign up for a Patient Fusion account?
Canceling a pending appointment request
A “pending” appointment request has not yet been approved or confirmed by your doctor’s office.
1. Log into your patient portal account and select the Appointments tab. Locate the pending appointment you would like to cancel and click Cancel.
2. A notification will display, confirming your request to cancel. Select either Keep Appointment or Cancel Appointment. Your appointment will automatically be cancelled once Cancel Appointment is selected.
Canceling a confirmed appointment
A “confirmed” appointment request has been confirmed by your doctor’s office
1. Log into your patient portal account and select the Appointments tab. Locate the confirmed appointment you would like to cancel and click Cancel.
2. A notification will display, allowing you to inform the doctor’s office of your reason for canceling. Select the option that best fits your reason. You can also select the Other reason and enter your reason. Click Cancel Appointment.
3. You will receive an email confirming you have requested to cancel your appointment. You are responsible for your original appointment until the cancellation request has been confirmed by your doctor’s office. To locate the pending request in your patient portal, select Upcoming from the drop-down menu in the Appointments page.
Note: Charges may apply. Appointment change requests may result in the cancellation of your original appointment. Please call your doctor’s office if you have any questions.
4. If the office approves your cancellation request, you will receive an email notification. An example is below:
To locate the canceled appointment in your patient portal, click on the drop-down menu in the Appointments section and select Canceled.
Your doctor’s office might also send you a new proposed appointment time. If they choose to do so, you will receive an email and notification in your patient portal with the proposed date and time. You can see any message about the reschedule by selecting Appointment details . You can either cancel the appointment altogether or confirm the new time suggested by the office.
Alternatively, if you need a different time you can contact your doctor’s office directly.